Tuesday

A Tasty Surprise?

A Tasty Surprise?
Something quite amusing happened this morning.I turned up to school expecting to be teaching throughout the morning, only to find that my cla*s were sodding off to another school to 'cook'.At first I was a little peeved that I had needlessly spent the previous evening worrying about what the hell to teach in Maths.But that was soon out-weighed by the realisation that I now didn't actually have to teach them anything at all.I also became slowly conscious of the possibility that when the kids returned, they would be returning with cookies and cakes and all sorts of wondrous confectionery for teacher.

So I sat down in my empty cla*sroom, vaguely satisfied with the mornings developments and eagerly awaiting treats.

When the children returned I was so excited about the multitude of muffins about to be piled onto my desk, that it took me a moment to notice that the first kid through the door was holding a small plastic bag.It was the kind of bag you'd expect to find a Goldfish lolling about in, and at first glance seemed to be holding something brown.Curious as I was, I rea*sured myself that the brown contents of the bag were probably cookies...or even better, gingerbread men!

The boy came bounding over to me in an excitable rush and 'Isn't that nice.' I thought, 'the boy literally cannot wait to give teacher the tasty spoils of his hard mornings work.' He jumped to a halt in front of my desk and plonked the bag down in front of me with a satisfied grin.I licked my lips in anticipation of the soft crumbly possibly chocolate chipped goodness that was about to fill my world with joy, and looked down to see...

Noodles.

Spicy Noodles.

And rice.

There is not a more disappointing sight, than seeing a bag of rice and noodles placed in front of you.Especially when you have been living in Thailand and all you have been eating is rice and f*cking noodles.

To rub it in even further, the little sh*t didn't even give me them.Just picked up the bag again and skipped off to join the rest of the cla*s who were all carrying their own bags of essentially shite.Who the hell gives children a cooking lesson and doesn't teach them to bake cakes and make cookies?That's all primary cooking cla*ses have ever been or ever should be.Nobody needs to know how to prepare rice and noodles until they go to sodding university, and even then it's not an enjoyable experience.What eight year old kid in his right mind is going to be like 'Oh boy!We get to make rice and noodles!Oh boy, oh boy, it's going to be so much fun!'?No where but Thailand my friends.I cannot think of a more boring activity for a child to participate in, even making toast is more eventful.

Now we get to the amusing part.

When the cla*s returned from their super duper cookery cla*s, I noticed something interesting.Only one member of the cla*s was wearing a floral cooking apron...and it wasn't one of the girls...

That's right people, it was our good friend, Peacock Boy.Mincing about in his fetching little yellow and pink apron whilst all the rest of us looked on in awe...or was it fear...I can't remember.The kid couldn't be less subtle about his sexuality if he tried.

...

Oh and he's just brought over a rather splendid sketch of a peacock for me to compliment...ah Peacock Boy, living up to his name with aplomb.

Health Solutions - Stress Relief