Friday

Laid off, question about health care expenses?

Laid off, question about health care expenses? I work in VT and I just got laid off my job, I've been working there just under a year.My employer paid for my last month of health/dental insurance, but since I only worked one week in the month before my layoff, they are making me pay for the difference for the other 3 weeks of healthcare.Even though I had no choice of finding cheaper insurance or anything.Can they do that?They are deducting it from my last paycheck (about $300).Someone told me that they couldn't because I did work for them for part of the month and they already paid for it.That is different than COBRA, since I was working part of the time.IF they cannot do that, I need to offer them some sort of proof or web reference to get my money back...I've searched the web and cannot find what I'm looking for, but I may not be searching for the right thing.Anyone know the answer??Please I'm desperate.Unemployment is only about half what I was earning and there are no jobs in the area.I need all the money I can get!Please HELP!
--------------------
most will cover until the end of the month, but that is the company's choice to do so or not.so yes, you may be responsible for the balance.i wish i could give you better news.
Source

ISLAMIC DEVELOPEMENT BANK /TREAT AND REPLY URGENT