Wednesday

Nervous to take high blood pressure med?

Nervous to take high blood pressure med? Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer.Would be great if you can take a sec and by Christiana CareSo I was given samples of Bystolic to help with my blood pressure...but I can't seem to get over the fear of taking it.They waited and took my blood pressure on 3 different occa*sions, just to be sure, and even though I lowered it alittle bit on my own, they were still very concerned.They're even hooking me up to an EKG soon to check my heart.But they want me to have been on the medication for a bit first...anyone else take blood pressure medication/Bystolic?How was it for you?-littlemisssmartz Yeah you have to eat fruit!Something like that though, Its been a long time since i've read it.you should try it if you don't ant to take the meds.

-Troy
Well, for one I question why you were put on an expensive brand name drug when some very good beta blockers are on the four dollar list.I would discuss that with your doc if your insurance doesn't cover it.
The reason they waited for three occasions is that is the standard.You don't treat a single high reading.
Now, the risks of that medication are mostly headaches, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, and diarrhea.
What you can do to try to get off the medication is lose weight if you are overweight, eat a DASH diet (google it, it is as effective as a single pill), and exercise more.Most importantly, if there is something causing your high blood pressure, that needs to be reversed.

-Gerald M
I take blood pressure medication.It is one of the earlier generations of BP medications, it is an ACE (Angeotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor, called enalapril, it is the generic form of what used to be known by the brand name of Vasotec.
After trying a couple of newer meds, and not meeting much success, my best friend, who is a medical professional, suggested that I ask my Doctor to try Enalapril.It has been a great medication, no side effects, since it is in generics, inexpensive, and keeps my BP in the very safe 110-120/60-70 range.I suggest you lean on your Doctor to try an ACE inhibitor.
Stay away from beta blockers, researech has shown that they can increase the risk of developing Diabetes.

What do you think?Answer below!symptoms - What to Know About Hypertension.
How To Take Care Of Your Pregnant Cat.
The Secrets Of Specialized Vets And Professional Breeders Revealed For You.
How To Take Care Of Your Pregnant Cat.

Orignal From: Nervous to take high blood pressure med?


News: Samuel Kohan, PhD, Psychoanalyst Video