Tuesday

I beat jet lag!

I beat jet lag!

Today IВ punched jet lag in the guts and said «NO MORE!».В 

I celebrated with a little dance when I got out of bed this morning at around 6:26am.You may laugh, but I felt totally triumphant when I looked at my phone and it told me itВ was 6am!You are still thinking «meh, noВ biggy»,В but for the last 2 mornings, after our Saturday night arrival home from Europe, I had made friends with 4:20am and 4:30am.But guess what?We ain’t friends no more.«I said no, no, no!» [Imagine Amy Winehouse singing that for me].

Saturday night I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 4:20am.Sunday night I went to bed at 10pm and woke upВ  at 4:30pm.Last night I fell asleep sitting upright on the couch with the iPad on my lap at 8:30pm.I ended up getting up, cleaning for a bit and fell into bed at 9pm.I slept through till 6am.

VICTORY!

So here are my tips for overcoming jet lag or even avoiding it all together:

1) As soon as you arrive home, no matter how tired you areВ DO NOT GO TO BED!No matter if the time is 7:30pm or 7:30am.Push yourself to restructure your sleeping pattern to what you want.If you go to bed at 7:30am, put your money down that you will best friends with 4:20am.

2) Drink stacks of water trust me it helps.

3) Avoid sitting down anywhere.Find something to do and be active.Vacuum your house, pull weeds out of your garden, unpack and put a load of washing on, go to the shops (bright lights will help).Thanks to my sister, I got dragged to the Apple store on Sunday and it helped big time.The bright lights in that store did me wonders.We also did our grocery shopping and went to a local community fair that day.В 

4) Get as much sunshine/natural lightВ as possible.Go for a walk, ride your bike, wash your car В just don’t sit down somewhere comfortable and let those heavy eyes close on you.

5) If you wake up at 4:20am, don’t get up.Stay exactly where you are.В Be stubborn with your body and lie in bed and close your eyes.It doesn’t matter if your mind is racing and making lists of all the things you could be doing.I’m no doctor or scientist, but from my experience, your body will be rest even if your mind isn’t.

6) Go to the gym and exercise.Even though I probably looked trashed, I went to thge gymВ yesterday and today.I tellya, IВ didn’t feel like it at the time, but I pushed myself and IВ definitely think it has helped.

So there are my tips.В You got any?

P.S.I worked yesterday and today tooВ -В I reckon that has helped me beat jet lag and get back in the swing.

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

[zeezal] Latest Photographs In Beautiful Model Bipasha Basu