Thursday

The Cost of Passion

The Cost of Passion

Today I’m joining Faith Barista to write about the pa*sion God has put on my heart.I think the timing of this a*signment is, once again, so perfect.

As some of you know, I have a marriage blog called, Messy Marriage.For many years, I’ve felt a huge pa*sion for improving not just my own marriage, but helping others in their marriages as well.And I’ve had the privilege of doing this both in my career as a counselor, and also through the many churches my husband and I have served in over the years.

pa*sion.Part of my pa*sion’s high cost is the need to be real and authentic about my own marriage journey a marriage counselor!

In fact, on that second one, my heartbeat is to normalize messiness in marriage because my hope is that by doing this some will come out into the open that would’ve stayed in hiding under the cloak of «all’s fine.»

But all is not fine for many.And God can’t help us if we don’t realize how messed up we and our marriages are !I want to wave that banner.I want to face the high cost and personal embarra*sment that often comes with helping others in this way.And the fact that I feel so strongly about that in the face of pain, convinces me all the more that it’s what God has called me to do!

pa*sion.I recently shared that I’ve been feeling «down and out.» And I think that part of my problem is not having enough time for my pa*sion.I’ve been trying to keep too many plates spinning in an effort to keep a lot of good things, like «writeontheknows,» going.So I’m facing a hard decisionbest

Sadly, I must say that I will not be blogging on writeontheknows any longer.This isn’t a snap decision.I’ve prayed about it and thought about it for a long time.And because I really love this blog, this is a very painful decision for me to make, especially since I have some recent subscribers.I hate pulling the plug for them so abruptly.But this is what I feel I must do.

blog -

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

Интересная ссылочка