Tuesday

My Sue Allen Graveyard Adventure Ends Up Being a Tiny Bit Weird

My Sue Allen Graveyard Adventure Ends Up Being a Tiny Bit Weird

I slipped out of work early and went back to Mt.Olivet and I walked Section 3 like it might harbor my own dead relatives.I found a family plot for some Overtons, who you remember married into Sue’s family.And there, maybe twenty steps away, was an Allen grave.But it had a bunch of names on it, none of them «Sue» and all too old to be our gal.

So, I was feeling pretty bummed and I thought, as a last ditch thing, I would go down to the office and ask if they had her father, Powhatan Perkins, so I could see if maybe she was in with him.If a car could drag its feet, I was dragging my car’s feet in disappointment.I really thought this Section 3 lead was promising.I get just past the big white mausoleum and I see a headstone for «Perkins.» Right smack dab in front of me.Right by the weird square thing the Professor had wanted to look at when we were there, but I pooh-poohed her.I thought, «nah.» It looked too new and what are the chances of me basically driving right up to it?

Slim and none.Even though I’d already weirdly driven right up to Ben’s grave.But what are the chances of me driving right up to two graves I wanted?That seems highly unlikely.

But there were Baxters, right in the front of the plot.I came around to the side and there was Metcalfe Perkins, Sue’s brother who died in the Civil War.I was shaking.This was the right family.Here were graves older than hers.And then I came up to the back side and there she was.Sue P.Allen.She’s next to her father, who is next to her mother, who is next to her other husband, who is next to the sister that lived with Sue.

It was weird and awesome.I may have fan-girled out just a little.

There she is.If the big white mausoleum weren’t in the way, you could see Ben’s grave off in the distance.


Major Break Via in Skin color Cancer Medication - The length of time Until it Gets to Market?