Monday

Meditation Challenge: Days 5, 6, 7 & 8

Meditation Challenge: Days 5, 6, 7 & 8 was a real treat to me as my husband, Neil, decided to sit and meditate with me.My first thoughts were : cannot be true!» but I was really happy too.So we sat and meditated, and I had the biggest smile for about 2 minutes into the meditation session as I could not believe he was sitting there meditating.I haveВ to admit that I also opened my eyes and peeked at him and then quickly shut them again :D My hands felt cool and I had a lot of thoughts coming and going.

Day 6:

  • This was a real rushed meditation, I only managed to sit for 10 minutes as I had to leave with Neil to close business for the day.
  • I also listened to the »Naman Chant» CD instead of the »Samarpan meditation CD» and I prefered it more.

Day 7:

  • The same happened on Day 7 as I could just manage 10-15 minutes of meditation.Since I now prefer meditating in the afternoon’s by the time I shower, get dressed and sit down for meditation it is usually between 5-5:30pm and Neil and I have to leave the house by 6:00pm to close business so this is becoming a bit of a rush.Note to self: I need to try and sit by atleast 4:00pm to meditate so I can meditate for 20-30 minutes.

Day 8:

  • Yay the day arrived where I go and meditate collectively!There is a group of people who meditate every Sunday near the temple under a gazebo for 20-30 minutes and I have joined their group.
  • I went with my sister-in-law
  • There were a few more new people which made the group bigger.The more the merrier :)
  • I had an interesting chat with an uncle about meditation.He was talking about how we need to control our emotions and not let them get to us.He said в