Tuesday

On the go :: something different

On the go :: something different As promised, I have some crochet to share with you!I have been working on a blanket for my sister-in-law.She chose the colours - sort of earthy shades - and so I set about trying to find a pattern.Well, I tried all sorts of things...I was getting very frustrated at this point and was about to give up but then I found this pattern and it was love!And the colours were also similar.It is very different to the blankets I have made previously and it is strange working with such a limited palette.I'm not used to using these colours either but, you know what, I am enjoying making this.There is enough complexity in the pattern to keep me interested and I think the colours work well here.I am so happy to have finally resolved this as it was getting me down!A blanket is such a huge undertaking in terms of time and effort and I needed to be happy with what I was doing in order to finish it!Thanks for the comments on previous posts.Perhaps my next project will be a vulva blanket!
Corey Taylor takes over Q101.1!