Friday

Yet Another Reason to Love Books

Yet Another Reason to Love Books

SAM had a hankering for lima beans last night.I hate lima beans, and they weren’t even on my menu for Thursday.However, he likes them, he wanted them, and he’s the man of the house.So we ate lima beans.

Because I don’t want my kids to have a built-in aversion to certain foods, when I cook something that SAM likes and I don’t or vice versa, we each make a point of eating at lest one bite.

I was anticipating the little ones resistance to the lima beans and Sweetie Pie (3) did not disappoint.She took one bite and said she didn’t like them.I requested that she eat two fork fulls to be sure.She was sure.

Lil’ Princess on the other hand looked at the plate and said, «Are these lima beans?I love lima beans, just like Camilla Cream in

For those unfamiliar with this story, it’s about a little girl who like lima beans but hides that fact because all of her friends think lima beans are disgusting.Her attempts to fit in at all cost are internalized and she gets a mysterious illness called «stripes.» Chaos (and hilarity) ensues.

It’s a good book.Any story that can get a five year old to eat lima beans (yuck!) is well worth the read.


[xeefun] L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel Los Angeles California